What’s your vision? Here at Micron our vision is “To become the most respected company in our industry”
For those who have not heard of us before Micron is a highly skilled provider of voice and data solutions to business throughout the UK specialising in the hospitality sector.
We are currently looking for a Field IT Engineer to join our team. Ideally you will be located within 1-hour commute of London with flexibility to travel and stay away from home, so a full UK driving licence is essential. When you’re not traveling to customer site or to our office in Sherborne, Dorset you will be home based, so there will be a requirement to have a sufficient set up at home.
Due to the unpredictable nature of our work occasionally there will be a requirement to start early or finish late to ensure customer needs are met. We try to keep this disruption to a minimum where possible with an Out Of Hours (OOH) rota for all IT Field Engineers.
It’s essential our Field IT Engineers have experience and proven knowledge of basic network elements (routing/switching) and setting up Microsoft Windows and Server operating systems. When it comes to supporting and installing you must have experience of Wi-Fi technologies specifically Cisco Aironet and Ruckus wireless solutions and an understanding of the 802.11 wireless standards.
This is a demanding role that requires superb organisations and good time management. The ability to communicate clearly and build relations with customers and colleagues is one key aspect of being part of the Micron team.
Depending on your skills and experience the salary band for the role is £30,000 – £35,000 per annum, plus OOH and car allowance of £350 per month.
If this sounds of interest, please forward me your CV.
The role demands that the employee is able to display the below traits in their work:-
- 1. Understanding Windows Server Operating system including DC, DNS, DHCP, GPO etc. (Essential)
- 2. Experience in supporting/installing WiFi technologies specifically Cisco Aironet, ruckus wireless solution and an understanding of the 802.11 wireless standards (Essential)
- 3. Qualifications; Windows MCP, MCSA (desirable)
- 4. The role requires superb communication, the ability to build relationships
- 5. Organised and Self-Motivated
- 6. Attention to detail
- 7. Understand the importance of being part of a Team
- 1. Assist in pre-configuration projects
- 2. Carry out telecoms installations where required
- 3. Assist in the design and implementation of new Network solutions
- 4. Update paperwork on projects and customer documentation
- 5. Perform Wireless Surveys
- 6. Carry out remote project work and work requests
- 7. Provide holiday cover for field, telecoms engineers
The role demands that the employee is technically experienced in the following specific areas:-