We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our Sales team. A fantastic opportunity to take a consultative approach to maximize opportunities to engage with new clients and win new business. Whilst the focus of the role is new business opportunities there is some sales engagement of existing and newly won clients.
Your technical knowledge of Connectivity, IT, Network, Software, WIFI and Telecoms solutions will be essential for understanding our clients’ requirements. Primarily this role is focused on the Hospitality sector, previous experience of working in a similar role with independent hotels to large branded and high-end boutique hotels would advantageous. You will be passionate to develop your knowledge and understanding of the products Micron offer to add value to existing and new clients.
You will be driven to generate opportunities through networking activities, research and contacts to engage and win new hospitality clients, from independent hotels to large brand or high-end boutique hotels across the UK. Commercial or Multi Dwelling Units experience would also be advantageous.
You will be given support, training and some initial warm leads, however primarily your target will be achieved by the acquisition of new Opex business. You will be willing to strategically win business, balanced with proactive customer first service skills and attention to detail, to secure additional properties our clients add to their portfolios.
This role is field based / working from home, with a requirement to attend meetings and training from our office in Sherborne, Dorset. Depending on your skills and experience the salary band for the role is £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, plus car allowance of £400 per month (OTE £72-£77K). A valid driving licence is required as this is a field based role.
If your skills and experience fulfil this role, please forward me a copy of your CV and covering letter.
The role demands that the employee is able to display the below traits in their work:-
- Confident but personable and engaging with clients
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Attention to detail
- Work closely with the Operations Director and Key Accounts Director to develop a target list and new business sales strategy
- Identify, target and winning new profitable business with new clients
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline, ensuring that new business is targeted in a consultative approach
- Achieve/exceed OPEX (Recurring Revenue) based targets through new business sales growth
The role demands that the employee is technically experienced in the following specific areas:-
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship management skills both verbal and written
- Experience of selling at least 2 of; Connectivity, IT Networks, Cloud, Telecoms, Software
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at all levels within organisations