Not sure about your next career move! Do you continue to develop your skills in a Support desk environment providing technical solutions or broaden your experience gaining hands on installation and projects experience?
Can’t decide! Don’t worry, we may have the solution for your next career move!
This role sits within the Projects team, reporting to the Technical Manager but you will also work very closely with the Support Desk team.
From a Projects perspective you will assist in new projects where Micron are providing one of its many services from; WiFi, IT, telecoms, line and connectivity and project management. This will vary from attending project meetings, complete actions and documentation, carrying out pre-configs, supporting colleagues with technical issues.
From a Support Desk perspective, you will be responsible for case management of support desk queue and the first point of contact in relation to new projects. You will also attend the Support desk weekly meeting providing details of signed off projects.
Your experience as an IT Engineer whether it’s support desk or field based will enable you to hit the ground running from a technical point of view, don’t worry if you don’t have experience in all our technical solutions, we will provide training to fill those gaps.
It’s essential you have your own transport and driver’s license because the role is based from our office in Sherborne, Dorset and requires you to be flexible to travel to customers sites when required.
Depending on your experience and skills the salary band is £29,000 – £36,000 per annum, plus OOH. Working from our office in Sherborne Dorset, with free onsite parking.
Our core benefits are;
- 23 days holiday + Bank holidays (Increases based on length of service)
- Simplyhealth cash plan
- Wellbeing hours
- Social events
- Assist with projects, to include all elements of a new project that Micron are providing (WiFi, IT, telecoms, line and connectivity, project management)
- Assist / attend project meetings for active projects and assist / complete required follow up actions
- Carry out pre-configs on small / medium projects and onsite installation
- Responsible for case management of support desk que related to new projects
- Assist in general small and medium projects to make sure we’re scheduling the required resources for allocated time and other required elements have been organised
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- A thorough and organised approach
- Proactive & self-motivated
- Supportive and helpful team member
- Flexible and a ‘can-do’ attitude
Project Support Engineer